A rare opportunity for a machinist to become part of a very secure company that has not reduced its staff in over 30 years. We are accepting applications for both full and part time positions. Having a stellar reputation for excellence in machining, engineering and customer care, we are a small company with a big presence in our markets. We are known for our quality of products and service to our customers. Join us and add your qualities as an employee owner to a growing, evolving Maine business.
This position will require the applicant to perform several duties within the general scope of their title, as well as beyond that on occasion. The position’s main duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- . Material Preparation – Use band saw, table saw, etc., to prepare metal and plastic stock.
- . CNC Machining – Setup machine, drill, mill & profile plastic components using supplied macro programs.
- . Manual Machining – Set up machine, drill, tap, cut & mill metal and plastic components on a manual “Bridgeport” type knee mill.
- . Work with others in the MECO Shop to increase manufacturing efficiency by periodically reviewing processes.
- . Work with the Engineering Department to ensure good component conformity and manufacturing process.
We have several product lines with variations of each in terms of size, shape and features. Over time, developing a good understanding of our common product types will be beneficial to completing duties. This position will require the operator to stand extended periods of time at various work stations.
Qualifications & Experience
Potential candidates should incorporate the following.
- . Preferably, 5 or more years of experience.
- . CNC and manual machine experience.
- . Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- . Understanding of, or ability to learn, drawing GD&T.
- . Must be detail oriented.
Compensation & Benefits
The wage range for this position is commensurate to your experience, We offer an excellent benefits program, which will include health insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account) contributions, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, a 401(k) Savings program with match and an auxiliary retirement plan in the form of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). We offer a $500 hiring bonus to celebrate your first 90 days at Woodex.
Woodex Bearing Company Inc. is an employee owned company with approximately 30 current co-owners. Within our company, the Woodex Division fabricates custom wood bearings for equipment located around the world. We create bearings for bulk material handling screw conveyors, as well as for farm equipment and other various applications. Also within our company, the MECO (Mechanical Concepts) Division, engineers, designs and fabricates custom shaft seals for processing equipment located around the world. We create sealing solutions for bulk material handling vessels with rotational shafts, in a variety of industries. These industries include food, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, plastics, waste processing, etc. We are continually growing and expanding.