We have an opening for an entry level Machinist in the MECO Seal division of our company. This is a full or part-time, long term position with the opportunity to advance in a growing employee-owned company. This position will require the applicant to stand for extended periods of times. It will also require the applicant be able to lift heavy loads on occasion. The position’s main duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- . Material Preparation – Use band saw, table saw, etc., to prepare metal and plastic stock.
- . Manual Machining – Set up machine, drill, tap, cut & mill metal and plastic components.
- . CNC Machining – Setup machine, drill, tap, mill & profile plastic components.
- . Work with others in the MECO Shop to increase manufacturing efficiency.
Any techniques or training needed for the position will be provided by Woodex Bearing Co., Inc.
Developing a good understanding of our product types will be beneficial to advancing within the company.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have some if not all the following qualifications. On the job training will allow for the employee to advance to multiple stations over time.
- . Prior machine shop experience is a plus, but not required for this position.
- . Good math skills.
- . Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings.
- . Ability to use and read various precision measuring equipment a plus.
- . The desire to learn and work safely.
Compensation & Benefits
Starting wage is $16 to $18 per hour depending on experience. Also included are excellent benefits, health insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account) contributions, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, a 401(k) Savings program along with an additional retirement plan in the form of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). We offer a $500 hiring bonus to celebrate your first 90 days at Woodex.
Woodex Bearing Company Inc. is an employee-owned company with approximately 30 current co-owners. Within our company, the MECO division fabricates custom shaft seals for process equipment located around the world. We create sealing solutions for bulk material handling vessels with rotational shafts, in a variety of industries. These industries include food, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, plastics, just to name a few. We are continually growing and expanding.